On the eve of its 350th anniversary, the present day cemetery of St. Francis Xavier in Maryland, reveals new details of a long-gone Jesuit chapel. Father Brian Sanderfoot, pastor of St. Francis Xavier in Maryland, authorized several phases of investigation at St. Francis Xavier Cemetery to map the cemetery and its many grave markers and to conduct limited archaeological testing. One of the most exciting outcomes of this work is the identification of the site of the 1662-1704 Jesuit chapel.
February 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Recent Blog Updates
- Disability and Archaeology 11/09/2017
- Auckland Castle: Serving the Community through Heritage 09/15/2017
- The Kids’ Place in Archaeology 07/05/2017
- The Archaeology of Roanoke: The Lost Colony 06/14/2017
- Community Spotlight: The Herring Run Archaeology Project, Baltimore 04/30/2017