On the eve of its 350th anniversary, the present day cemetery of St. Francis Xavier in Maryland, reveals new details of a long-gone Jesuit chapel. Father Brian Sanderfoot, pastor of St. Francis Xavier in Maryland, authorized several phases of investigation at St. Francis Xavier Cemetery to map the cemetery and its many grave markers and to conduct limited archaeological testing. One of the most exciting outcomes of this work is the identification of the site of the 1662-1704 Jesuit chapel.
July 8 @ 8:00 am - July 13 @ 5:00 pm
Recent Blog Updates
- Why I Believe in Archaeology 03/05/2018
- St. Croix Project Wins GMAC Diversity Field School Award 02/19/2018
- AITC’s Young Archaeologists Club becomes Time Travelers 02/07/2018
- Disability and Archaeology 11/09/2017
- Auckland Castle: Serving the Community through Heritage 09/15/2017